Sunday, May 25, 2014

Our Story of Eczema Relief taking MSM or Culturelle

I am not a physician nor a medical professional.  Please read the following with that in mind.  I strongly recommend that you discuss the information below with your physician before taking any action.

Natural Solutions for my Daughter's Eczema


When my daughter was younger she suffered terribly from eczema.  It was very difficult watching her deal with the discomfort and itching.  She was taken to see both her primary physician and a dermatologist but unfortunately they were not able to provide solutions that provide much relief.

In my frustration with the doctors not being able to help much, I did some thinking and research and found two natural remedies that provide her with significant  relief.


MSM and Eczema

We already had MSM in the house and I knew that there was a lot of anecdotal evidence available that it was good for the skin.  I had may daughter start taking MSM daily.  It worked wonderfully and pretty quickly.  If I recall correctly she started seeing relief in a matter of days.  I want to note that in our case, she was not applying MSM lotion but taking it internally in pill form.
 

Culturelle and Eczema

The other natural remedy that worked for my daughter was a probiotic by the name of Culturelle.  During my research I read about the connection between eczema and the immune system.  I had also previously read about probiotics and how they can benefit the immune system.  So I thought perhaps if my daughter took a probiotic it might help her eczema.  We already had Culterelle in the house so I had her start taking it daily.  It also worked at providing her with relief.  If I recall correctly she started seeing relief in about a week or so.


Fortunately as my daughter has gotten older, her eczema symptoms have decreased significantly.  But during the years that her eczema was "active" it was a wonderful that we had found two natural remedies that provided relief!  It's a terrible thing to watch someone you love suffering from eczema and perhaps our story might help someone else (As stated in the beginning, I am not a physician nor a medical professional.  Please read the above anecdotal information with that in mind. I strongly recommend that you discuss this information with your physician before taking any action).



No comments:

Post a Comment