Friday, May 9, 2014

My Windows 8.1 Three Monitor Configuration

Three Monitors with Haswell i7 CPU installed on a Gigabyte GA-H87- D3H Motherboard


For many people the idea of having more than two monitors seems ridiculous.  However for some of us computer "power users" having as much desktop monitor space as possible is the goal. 

I have a Windows 8.1 computer that I built using higher-end components and usually I am running multiple programs at once and want to have them spread out over multiple displays without the windows being on top of each other.

My Specific Three-Monitor Setup


I recently upgraded my system from a dual-monitor setup to a three monitor set up. I did this using a Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H motherboard with an Intel i7-4771 (Haswell) processor installed.  I do not have a separate video card installed and use the integrated Intel 4600 GPU.  I have my main 27" monitor connected to the DVI port of the motherboard.  I have my secondary 23" monitor connected to the HDMI port.  The third monitor is an older 19" 4x3 monitor connected to the VGA port.  It works great and was easy to set up in Windows 8.1.

To set up the three monitors in Windows 8.1, I right-clicked on the Windows desktop and selected "Screen resolution" from the context menu that appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment